Replace your to-do list with an interactive checklist
Kantree’s checklist mode is here! This long-awaited feature was introduced with our April 2020 product update along with reordering sub-cards, custom calendar, and other handy tweaks (take a look if you haven’t already).
What’s great about the checklist? It lets you see all your cards and sub-cards in a single list, then quickly check off completed tasks.
It’s like a paper to-do list, but better.
In addition to the other views in Kantree you already use, e.g. the kanban board and spreadsheet-like table, the checklist is another great way to organize your workload and avoid feeling overwhelmed at work. This is especially true now that remote work is more common and some experts believe it’s here to stay post-coronavirus (we agree).
Here are a few tips for using the checklist view, for yourself and your team:
- Use it to stay productive and on top of your tasks. With the checklist mode, you can easily create your daily or weekly to-do list. It’s also ideal when you need to break down a complex project into a series of manageable tasks and track its progress.
- The checklist mode also works well for deadline-driven projects, such as organizing an event or onboarding a new employee.
Tip: If you use the “show progress” option, progress bars will be shown at the bottom of the screen and on each section.
- The mode comes with boxes than you can quickly check off when a task is complete (feels good, doesn’t it?). When you switch to the kanban view, you will see that card in the “done” column, or however you decided to name it.
- Because the checklist mode consists of cards and sub-cards (unlimited, of course), you can add due dates and assignees, set reminders, upload files from your computer or integrated services, and add any details that you need. As usual, everything is customizable in Kantree. Your paper list can’t do that!
Tip: If you have daily, weekly or monthly tasks, set up recurring cards and they will show in the checklist mode. No need to recreate them manually.
- You can group your your tasks according to several criteria, such as type of work, month, assignee (including tasks assigned to yourself). When finished, save the checklist as a private view for quick access next time you’re using Kantree.
- The checklist works great as an interactive meeting agenda. Send a link to your team and save time by updating information right in the cards, e.g. due dates, assignees, and alerts. All changes will be visible in real time and everyone will leave the meeting with a clear idea of the workload, no need for recap emails.
Tip: When you’re meeting with a client or working with an external agency, you can share checklists with them too. Learn about managing permissions.