Migrating from previous versions
Migrating from version before 9.0
The configuration file has not changed since 8.0.
You will need to update your Python version to at least 3.6 and Postgresql version to at least 12. If you are using a Python virtual environement folder outside of each version folder, delete your existing virtual environment as it will need to be re-created for Python 3.6.
Migrating from version before 8.0
The backend part of Kantree 8.0 has been through a big rewrite. While the platform script helping you to manage your instance has not changed, the configuration file location and format has completely changed.
Here are the pain points when you are updating from a previous version:
- The configuration file is now located at the root of the installation under the name config.yml
- A lot of the configuration keys have changed
- Possible options values are listed in kantree/config.py
- Default location of uploaded files is now the uploads folder at the root of the installation. You will need to move your previous folder.
- Kantree doesn’t include a runner anymore, only a Procfile. Although this should be hidden under ./platform run
The most important settings to take into account:
- The former
featuressection has disappeared
- Database URI is now defined under the key
- Redis URI is now defined under the key
- The push server url is now defined under a key
- The upload dir is now defined under a key
- SMTP options are now prefixed with
smtp_and are not located under any other key
- Extensions located in the folder kantree/extensions can be activated under the
- If you were using ldap, see the Directory Services chapter
A basic configuration now looks like this:
secret_key: "XXX..." server_name: localhost:5000 server_secured: false database_uri: "postgresql://..." redis_uri: "redis://localhost" push_server_url: "http://localhost:4000" upload_dir: "uploads" smtp_server: localhost smtp_port: 25 smtp_username: username smtp_password: password